Sunday, 30 March 2014

Monkey Balls


Monkey Balls Titles

I'm such a child I find this title massively amusing!

I'm not sure what that says for my sense of humour. . . but I can tell you that it probably isn't a good thing!

DSC_0219

I know I'm not the only person who likes to have some food to pick at. When you're not hungry enough to make something more substantial, but you really want to eat something. 

Believe me I know, this is where people usually end up eating junk. This is where my Pete would end up eating an entire package of cookies. (at least) 

One of the ways I've found quite effective to stop the need to eat rubbish, is to nibble at something like this!

DSC_0217

And come on. I know I'm not the only person who absolutely loves blending. 
I made a comment the other day that it made me feel like a mad scientist. Hey, what can I say blending is fun!

DSC_0212

In other news (I just spelt 'news', 'knews' and couldn't work out exactly what was wrong. I'm an English Literature graduate. That's embarrassing!) I am obsessively listening to Shakira's new album (I can now proudly say I own all of her albums, including a lot of her original, older stuff). 

I have a bit of an obsessive personality. I find something that I love, and go full pelt at it, then I lose interest and find something to obsess over. A fleeting obsessive personality maybe?

There are a few things which I have obsessed over, which I have stayed in love with. Shakira. Is one of those things. I have a hilarious memory of me and my mother stood in our apartment in Cairns (Queensland) when I was about 10/11, in front of Shakira's music video to Whenever, Wherever, trying to belly dance like she does.  Needless to say, we never got it down. My dad, brother and sister found it hilarious. Looking back it is funny!

This album, is my new workout album! It puts me in a ridiculously good mood and makes me want to dance (which is not very common)

Well either that or I wish I was Shakira (if she was 2' taller!)




Recipe :
1/2 cup dried bananas (not the chewy kind)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/8 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup dates (see notes)
coconut water


1. In a food processor, grind the dried bananas until the majority are of a meal-like texture. It's ok for there to be a few larger pieces.
2. Add in the dates and pulse until combined with the bananas.
3. Combine the date and banana mixture with the cacao and almond meal.
4. Stir in enough coconut water (1 tsp at a time) to bring the mix into a dough.
5. Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls. I used a tsp measure to maintain size (more or less!)





Substitutions :

Dates - As a general rule, dates are fairly easy to get hold of, and really quite inexpensive. They also have a nice natural sweetness, no overpowering taste and are so versatile. However I have been known to use prunes (which are waaay cheaper). However I would suggest that if you go down the prune road, you probably won't need the coconut water.

cacao - You can substitute the cacao for carob. I really like the bitterness of carob powder, but I know a lot of people don't.

Notes :


If your dates are really dried, boil some water and soak the dates for 10 minutes in the freshly boiled water. Drain and then use as directed.

Stay in touch with me, either on twitter or by email! I'll always be ready to talk.

#AccidentalVegan #SuperSimpleVegan 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...