Thursday, 16 January 2014

Chatter: Instagrammers who Inspire #1

Happy Thursday everyone!

I know Thursdays, well for me anyway, can be a bit of a drag. It's not quite the weekend.

I'm not sure how everyone else operates, but I know that I often find myself gravitating toward Instagram when I'm in need of some Inspiration. When I'm in a bit of a lull, knowing that other people are out there having fun, inspires me to do it myself!

Anyway, I do follow a fair (read: a LOT) few Instagram accounts that are based around mainly Vegan lifestyles, and I thought it would be nice to share with y'all some of my favourites! I love them for different reasons, but I love scrolling through their images - it fills my head with all sorts of ideas!

#1: @Semivegan


 If you want to see gorgeously composed pictures of yummy looking food, this is definitely the page to check out. Nearly every post is of something I didn't know I was craving until I'd seen it! Prime example here of this "acai bowl topped with pomegranate seeds, blackberries, and blueberries." how gorgeously colourful does it look?! yum!

#2: @Collegiatevegan


 I love looking through this account, two college students (Jen & Aus) eating healthily on a college student budget! kudos, because I think when I was at University I lived on bacon sandwiches (no comments needed. blegh!) and cider! So I have a lot of respect for them, and they are well on their way to developing a lifestyle which I think, personally, is one where you can get the most out of what you are given. I also wish them the best of luck with their studies!!

#3: @Healthtyfoodbylara


 Another crazy inspiring account, this beautiful lady lets you see her progress on her personal journey to fitness. Plus she gets mega points for not just posting selfie's all the time, but she shares all aspects. (not that there is anything wrong with the odd selfie!)

#4: @effortlyss


 OK, so not a predominantly vegan account, but I absolutely love the mentality of this lady. Alyssa, from New York (I know this because I follow her blog!!) has the best mindset, and if you read her story here, you will understand why. She's so positive, and yet again a source of endless inspiration for me.

I really just wanted to share this with you because I honestly think that in this day an age, there is nothing like the power of social media. If you think about it I could write something right now, and within seconds it could be being read in Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Prague or all three at once. Never before in history was that attainable. It can have it's bad side, but the good that it can do is amazing. If I could inspire just one person I would feel like I was achieving something.

And these five, well I want to thank them for inspiring me. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...